Burning Your Candle
Always trim your wick to 1/8” - 1/4” before lighting. Every time. Your candle will burn longer, cleaner and more evenly.
For the initial burn, allow the candle to create a full melted wax pool across the entire candle. This will ensure even burning and maximum fragrance release for the life of your candle and is typically achieved within 3 hours.
For subsequent lightings we recommend a burn time of 3-4 hours, fully melting the wax across the top each time.
If your wick begins smoking or flickering excessively, extinguish the flame and trim the wick – then relight the candle.
Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
Use care when extinguishing the candle; a short, directed puff of air aimed at each wick is usually sufficient or place lid on top of candle.
Do not move candles until the wax is cooled and set.
Discard candles when there is 1/4 inch of wax remaining.
Enjoy your candles!
Consider using our larger size candles for a permeating fragrance in large spaces with high ceilings or open floor plans.
Keep in mind
Each candle includes care and lighting instructions on the bottom label. Candles add a fragrant enhancement to living and work spaces and are safe to enjoy, but we encourage care and attention to the following guidelines:
- The first time you light a scented candle, let it burn for two to three hours until all the wax on the surface has become liquid, this is done to prevent your candle from tunneling or create round holes.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room and on a heat-resistant surface.
- Do not leave a burning candle unattended.
- Avoid drafts, vents, ceiling fans or other moving air pathways to encourage even burning and minimize smoke or a flickering wick.
- Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.
- Never extinguish candles with water.
- Make sure a candle is completely extinguished before leaving the room.
- Keep candles out of the reach of small children and pets.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.